From Polymath Wiki
- interested in collaborative mathematics & esp in computational complexity theory, and attacking hard open problems eg P vs NP esp by "nonprofessionals/nonacademics" or outsiders/contrarians.
- think the gamification of the protein folding problem is a great nearby example/case study
- bought Nielsen's book on Reinventing Discovery. agree with it wholeheartedly about a gamechanging shift in play.
- think the deolalikar proof effort in cyberspace is a really great case of the TCS community taking seriously and vetting a proof by an outsider even before it was formally published
- hope that it can happen again some day, maybe becoming a regular or even frequent occurrence
- use stack exchange network extensively/regularly but feel its a little too prickly to outsiders and too constricting at times.
- looking for other venues/forums without a heavyhanded "gatekeeper" vibe & also think its a critical property of genuine/gamechanging open/collaborative science